*PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the upcoming session of the Nine Moons Prenatal Program will be held online. All program materials will be delivered to participants prior to the start of this session. Pre-registration is required!
UIWONA’s Nine Moons Prenatal Program is a unique prenatal program that empowers and prepares expecting women on their individual birthing journeys and the arrival of these precious gifts to the village.
All women of Indigenous, Inuit, or Metis ancestry or having a child with Indigenous, Inuit, or Metis ancestry, who are interested in including elements of Indigenous culture into the birthing experience are welcome.
This 6 week prenatal series includes everything from learning about prenatal health and birth to cultural traditions for pregnancy and birth.
Our professional midwife, Deborak Kozlick, along with our amazing Elders and Cultural Facilitators are here to help prepare you for this incredible life experience, and answer any of your questions.
Wether you are in your first, second or third trimester, the online gatherings are designed to offer information for all pregnant women, regardless of the stage of pregnancy you are in.
* A midwife will be on hand to provide pregnancy and birth preparation
* Respected knowledgeable Elders will share traditional wisdom and skills that include baby moccasin making, ceremonial traditions, food gathering and a Baby Honouring Ceremony
* All participants receive a binder of prenatal information including artwork and resources
* Full traditional meal at every session
* Childcare and transportation provided if needed
* Program and materials/meals free of charge
*Pre-Registration is required!
To Register: Contact Deborah Kozlick at 250-338-1993 or firstname.lastname@example.org